Active Travel Not the Same as Adventure Travel
Some people believe that active travel is the same as adventure travel. We respectfully disagree. Active travel is different from adventure travel in the following ways:
- It is safer. It is geared toward leisurely touring rather than adrenaline activities.
- It is more relaxed. Active travel is not about taking risks or racing. It is about enjoying beautiful settings at your own pace.
- Most of our trips are trail tours rather than road tours. We believe that cars and bikes/hikers don’t mix well.
- Much broader traveler demographic – Because of our more leisurely pace, you don’t have to be an expert biker or hiker. This allows for a broader range of travelers to enjoy our trips. You should still be in reasonably good shape, but you don’t have to be a fitness buff to enjoy our tours.
- More conducive to mixed groups – Some of our tours are open to a wide range of active travel modes including: road bikes, hybrid bikes, mountain bikes, electric bikes, hiking, recumbents, tandems, Elliptigo and occasionally even Trikkes. Of course each trip varies, and participants should always check to see which types of vehicles are recommended on each tour.