Hosted Active Travel Tours
Active Travel Tours features hosted tours rather than guided tours. Hosted tours have group leaders but not necessarily full time tour guides. Although some of our tours may have guides on specific portions of the tour, we utilize hosts rather than guides for the duration of the tour. Hosts are there to answer questions, provide guidance/suggestions and distribute information. However, they do not dictate schedules, routes and activities. Hosted tours allow for much more flexibility and exploration on a trip. Hosted tours provide the following:
- lodging is provided
- ground transportation is provided when needed
- route information is provided to group members
- dining suggestions are provided
- occasionally, breakfasts are provided, as noted in itinerary
- hosts are available for guidance & suggestions
Benefits of Hosted Tours:
- more flexibility – You aren’t required to follow a specific itinerary.
- less expensive – Since we aren’t paying full-time guides, we pass the savings along to you.
- more suitable for all levels of riders/walkers – You determine your own pace. If you prefer a more leisurely pace, you don’t have to worry about holding back the entire group. If you’re more into a brisk pace, you aren’t being held back by a group that is more leisurely.
- your own itinerary – Although Active Travel Tours will provide you with suggested routes & itineraries, you can modify the itinerary to suit your own needs. You can add your own destinations and skip destinations that you may have already seen or ones that are not of interest to you.
- become a host – With Active Travel Tours, you have the option of applying to be a tour host. For more information about hosting a tour, please visit our Active Travel Tour Host page.