If you’re working from 8-5 from Monday to Friday, you will feel burned out and tired. If you spend too much time in the office facing your computer, then you need to get out. If you’re too tired to spend time with your family, you need to do activities with them on weekends.
You might be thinking that you will need to spend too much when you want to do something outdoors, then you are wrong. There are many fun outdoor activities that you can do with your family without spending too much. You don’t need an expensive equipment to have fun and in most cases some gadgets or playthings are already with you . You just have to maximize and teach your kids to use it. Other fun activities just need a good pair of running shoes. If the weather is good, you don’t want to waste it watching TV or doing take home work. Outdoor activities can provide a bonding and fun experience with the family and the kids can also learn new things. It’s time to go out and enjoy.
- Go jogging. Why use a treadmill when the sun is shining brightly outside. Go for an early morning jog around the park, or the local track and field or go for safe jogging trails to make it more challenging. You don’t need to have a gym membership to be fit. A 30 minute run will do wonders for you and your family. Jogging regularly is a great way to stay in shape, it can also give you a nice tan and it’s free.
- Go for group rides. Riding your bike around is fun. Riding with a group is much better. It will burn calories and will let you do some sight seeing while riding. It is also a an awesome activity to do as a family. Age does not matter when you want to go for a ride. You don’t need to have a custom made or specialized bike to do it. Just make sure that the bikes are all well maintained. Bring water and some fruits or energy bars for snacks. Don’t forget to wear proper helmets whenever you ride.
- Play backyard bowling. Your kids will love this game. It is such an easy game that can be set up in minutes. You can use cereal boxes as bowling pins. Whoever knocks down the most pins will be declared the winner.
- Kickball. You may think that it is a kid’s game but kick ball can also be played by a group of adults. This is a great team building sport since each team will have 11 players and engage all the players throwing, kicking and catching the ball.
- Go for a swim. You can teach your kids to swim in a pool, lake or beach. Go kayaking in a lake, collect seashells on the beach with your kids, let your dog take a dip with you in the lake. Everyone enjoys water. Get wet and go for a swim.
- Frisbee. As long as there is an open space then you can play frisbee. Frisbee can also give you a great workout. With all the throwing , twisting, catching and running will give your heart a good exercise. A casual game of Frisbee when you’re having a picnic in the park can burn 170 calories within 30 minutes.
- Flowboarding. This is a great way of learning the basics of surfing and body boarding on a thin sheet of water over a stationary in a controlled environment. The kids will love this.
- Take the dog out. In addition to the tension beater benefits of walking, spending time with a pet can also help minimize anxieties and calm the mind.
- Go camping. A camping trip will give you great memories. Nothing can beat sleeping under the stars, cooking food over firewood and using few pans and utensils, stories to tell and being one with nature. Roasting marshmallows and drinking hot cocoa while telling funny or scary stories to entertain everyone. Leave your handheld game consoles and work at home. Go for a hike or go fishing. Anything is possible under the sun and the stars. If you don’t want to go far, you can go backyard camping. Friends of your kids can go camping with you. It will be more fun and exciting.
- Explore a new bike trail. If you’re an adventurous rider, you can explore new bike trails with your ride buddies as long as the trail is not owned privately and have access to the nearest medical facility just in case anything happens. The thrill of slicing new trails you and your friends only knows will bring great fun to your every ride.
You see, you don’t need to spend to have a good time. You just need to have the right timing, make use of existing gadgets, be creative, be adventurous and good times will be ahead of you and your family.
Roselen is an active member of Enduro mountain bike racing group. Though she loves being active she still campaigns for safer sports through wearing the right support gear. Spreading knowledge and awareness about sports injury are one of her goals when blogging.