Mickelson Bike Trail Tour
Enjoy an epic bicycle tour in the shadow of Mount Rushmore as you journey through tunnels and over bridges situated along the historic Deadwood to Edgemont rail line on the Mickelson Trail.
View South Dakota’s Black Hills from a completely new perspective as you enjoy this three day bike tour along the 109 mile Mickelson Bike Trail. We will ride the trail in three different segments with a shuttle provided so you will only be riding each trail segment one-way. This is by far our smallest group tour with only five participants.
Bike Tour Details
For $395, your tour will include:
- transportation from the North Denver/Boulder, Colorado area
- 3 nights lodging*
- shuttle service for each of three riding days
- annual trail pass for the Mickelson Trail
- registration fee for the Mickelson Trail Trek
- 3 lunches (1 per day)
- 5 snacks
- one evening meal
- printed ride/trail information
Bike Ride Details
- Riders must be 14 years old or older.
- You will need to provide your own biking equipment including helmet, spare parts, repair tools, & appropriate clothing.
- Mechanical service is not part of the tour pricing, so you should be prepared to make any adjustments, repairs, or tire changes on your own.
- Each day’s ride will start at either 9 am or 8 am, depending on the day.
- Riders do not have to stay together in a group and may ride at their own pace.
- We will be participating in the 15th annual Mickelson Trail Trek, so you will meet lots of great people.
- Please be sure to read the lodging information located at the bottom of this event post. There is a link so that you can view the accommodation details. You must be comfortable lodging in a cabin w/ four other people.
- Our average daily ride will be in the 37 mile range with some days being a little more and some days being a little less.
- Since the trail is built on an abandoned rail line, the grade is 3% or less. The trail surface is gravel, so road bikes with skinny, high-pressure tires aren’t a good idea. Mountain bikes or hybrids with trail tires are recommended. Bike shocks aren’t necessary.
- You must register for this tour by June 15, 2012 for this pricing rate to apply. The fee will go up by an additional $30 on July 1. (I need to have your registration details and tour deposit ($50 minimum) by June 15.
- Visit the Mickelson Trail website for more information about the riding conditions and available amenities.